Sunday, January 08, 2006

Ode to Greaux-face on her 30th birthday

(To be sung to the tune of Hold On to the Nights, because I heard she had a thing for Richard Marx. Me, I've never heard of the guy. Or bought his music. Twice.)

Just when I believed
I couldn't ever miss you more
I remembered the day you and Cara played on the fuzzy AZD floor
We were all smiles
And I heard from you the sound
Of "Mush your face in the ground"
Just for awhile
Can we be not be turning thirty?

Hold on to the nights
Ten years of memories
From Tin Schmizzy to 44's
Here's to ten more

How do we explain
The night of Cinco de Mayo
Dancing in vain
With Mytoken and his friend Ryan
What happens now
Is switching against the rule?
It's not too late to play the fool
I don't know how
To not have fun with you-ooooh

Hold on to the nights
Ten years of memories
From Halloweens to July 4th's
Here's to ten more

Well, I know that turning 30 isn't the birthday that it seems
But I think that this is the decade that we'll both realize our dreams
Everytime I think about you, I am utterly aware
That I'm lucky to have a friend like you, no matter where....




Labels: ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home