Friday, October 14, 2005

Does this make me Somebody?

One of the cool things about living in Los Angeles is the regularity in which star sightings occur. I don't have too many of them, which is probably why I still get excited to find out that people I know (or at least, once knew) are actually "in the business".

There's a movie coming out this month called "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang" in which an ex-boyfriend has a small role as a news reporter (which, coincidentally, was his job when I dated him). He did some modeling as a kid, but I have no idea how he parlayed that into a film role, unless he got it through his new wife, the celebrity publicist.

Then last night I found out that a guy I went to college with (though can't remember for the life of me) is engaged to the actress who plays Veronica Mars. He turned his Newhouse degree into a legitimate career in film production, met her at in industry event, and is now producing her next movie. Now THAT's something I would submit to the alumni newsletter - and put everyone else to shame. (I can't be the only one who thinks like this, right?)

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home