Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Gym and I, month 1

For all of my initial hesitation, the Pasadena Equinox has really grown on me. Each day I've gone, I've enjoyed the gym more and more, to the point that I find myself now looking for excuses to stay a little longer, do one more exercise, one more set. I find myself actually smiling at people there; at LA Fitness I believe I frowned, if not growled outright. The other members seem to get better looking by the day, and I quite enjoy driving home at 7:30 PM, when the traffic is so light that my commute takes only half an hour.

So it's quite a love affair I've been developing over the past few weeks, but today I discovered yet another gem that helped convince me that Equinox and I are truly made for each other. In the bathroom, above the raised Kohler sinks, is a machine that dispenses mouthwash. That may sound so minor and maybe even ridiculous, but ever since I started running, in college, I've carried gum in my gym bag because I am so paranoid about the post-run bad breath. To the point that I hate speaking to gym people after the run for fear that I'll offend. But they get it! Equinox gets it! They also have single-serve deodorant in some sci-fi spray bottle pump contraption, which could come in handy I suppose, but the mouthwash contraption is there just for me. I am sure of it.

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home