Thursday, June 16, 2005

Earthquake, part 2 (or 3, I'm losing track)

I just sat through my first noticeable earthquake action. Sitting at my desk, my legs felt the floor and bottom of my desk rumble for a few seconds, and it felt like it could be an earthquake, but lasted longer than one on Sunday, which was over before I could really think about it. Then, all of a sudden, the walls started shaking, and everything started making noise. It was pretty startling, and everyone came out of their offices at once. Our office is a two-story building, and we have skyilights, so one of the girls who sits under a skylight got scared, but otherwise, it ended with no real incident. I'm listening/watching the news now via live feed on KNBC.com. The news says that it was a 5.3 magnitude, centered in Yucaipa, which is about 70 miles west of us. They are saying no one was hurt and there was no real damage. I say, still better than terrorism!

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home