Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Things that boggle my mind

- Why this one woman, in response to my dining room table ad on Craig's List, keeps making plans to see/buy it, and then flakes on me every. single. time. After the second time, I would have been too embarrassed to reschedule; however, shame seems to be in short supply among the Craig's List crowd.

- How companies can spend money on throwing an event, and then forget to put the address on the invitation. This would be the same company I had problems with before. They have problems with every piece of printed collateral I've ever seen - and they are a magazine. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that they're being run by a six-year-old. What does surprise me is that better media outlets are dying by the day, and yet this one keeps plugging along.

- That we have this amazing technology called GPS. I admit, when I first bought my iPhone, I felt a bit guilty and frivolous - I never spend so much money on gadgets. But if anything helps me justify the purchase, by far, it's having a navigation system. I've used it a number of times, mostly as a back-up to another set of directions, but tonight, it really came in handy. I was driving home from the gym when an accident on the 110 closed all three lanes of traffic. Police were routing everyone off one of the exits, and I had no idea where I was. Fortunately, I was able to use the GPS, figure out my location and subsequent directions, and I was back on track within ten minutes. Without it? I'd likely still be driving around in the dark, somewhere in the vicinity of Dodger Stadium.

- That LA can have a seasonal high of 80 degrees while the rest of the country suffers from subarctic temperatures. How did I ever get so lucky?

- Chuck Bass Fridays. This doesn't so much boggle my mind as make me all hot and bothered. The idea of a bunch of people in a room that just look like Chuck Bass? My ovaries just might explode.

Labels: ,



5 Comments:

At 5:15 AM, Blogger Tiny E said...

Don't get me started on Craiglist. I tried to give away (read: it's free) a living room full of stuff when I moved and everyone flaked. And then came up with elaborate stories (sister died in car accident, fell on subway tracks) as to why I needed to come back to the apartment I moved out of a week ago to give them stuff I no longer had.

And don't get me started on the weather. Cold doesn't begin to describe it.

 
At 8:10 AM, Blogger Keith said...

I had the same issue with someone who was going to buy my furniture on Craigslist. It's insane. If it's not spammers, it's flakes.

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger Jill said...

Craiglist is where I hired those movers to get me out my apartment on the last day of my lease. They never showed and when I finally reached them they said, "yeah, we know we said we'd be there but we're busy with another move so we're not coming". No apology, nothing. Grrr...

Oh, and Chuck Bass ROCKS.

 
At 12:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Craigslist people frighten me to the core. They really do.

It's hard to complain about the weather, especially hiking last weekend and seeing the Channel Islands so close and clear they looked like you could swim out to them. Still, I wouldn't mind a little rain at some point!

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger Mel said...

I had to chase down this girl for a bakers rack off of CL when I was in the middle of refurnishing my apt and she was selling it and I was taking it for full price and still i had a week with a truck to move it in and never could i hunt her down. Grrr!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home