Thursday, September 04, 2008

How can the life of such a man be in the palm of some fool's hand

To say that I'm obsessed with my iPhone would be putting it mildly. The only thing that might possibly hold my interest more is this crazy election.

Last night I sat, transfixed on my couch, dedicating half of my attention to Palin's speech, and the other half refreshing my Facebook application, reading the seemingly constant updates from my friends in response to said speech. Never mind that my laptop was five feet away - the iPhone fit so conveniently in one hand, leaving the other one free to gag myself.

About 80% of the comments were stating what I thought was obvious: that she was all sass and no substance. Most of the comments were from people who, like me, saw through the rhetoric and won't be voting Republican.

But then, every so often, someone would chime in about how they were a "pal of Palin" or how inspiring she was, and I was like, Really? I'm friends with you? What on earth do we have in common? And I kind of, just maybe, thought about defriending them.

Of course, I'm totally kidding about defriending them.

Except, maybe not totally.

Labels:



5 Comments:

At 6:56 AM, Blogger Jill said...

My dad told me last night how fantastic he thinks Palin is. It honestly made me wonder if I am a product of some elicit affair my mom had 34 years ago with the milkman. (kidding, sort of, no, not really!)

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger AmyB said...

That would honestly make ME wonder! However, my two best friends are a.) republican and b.) don't like and will probably never have children, and I'm very Dem and LOVE kids more than maybe anything. I joke that I met these friends before I really knew much about myself, but I'm not really sure it's much of a joke. Ha! Let's just say they are "grandfathered in" and leave it at that. ;o)

And Jill? That's some serious cause for concern there!! Ha!

 
At 12:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL I've had the same thoughts--ie: defriending people on FB who are Fans of the GOP. But that's so very high school... nonetheless, my rage bubbles up whenever anyone starts going on about how amazing Palin is. I'm like DO we live on the same planet? Apparently not.

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger Lori said...

Yeah, it's not so much the GOP. I have a lot of Republican friends, and while I don't really get it, I can respect it. It's the people who watch one carefully crafted speech and suddenly buy into everything she says that make me wonder if people even understand how politics works in the first place.

 
At 12:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are hilarious - I love that you are a Facebook for iPhone-er now :) I am kind of glad to be missing the election hoopla over here as I know it would only fuel rage but the Italians are just as concerned with the outcome in November. Interesting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home