Friday, August 29, 2008

More information about my travel preferences and celebrity predilections than probably anyone needs to know

Whenever I travel to New York on business, I always try to take the 7 AM Jet Blue flight out of Burbank.

Jet Blue is, especially in these trying times, by far the best airline. Seats offer a fair amount of legroom, the planes always seem newer and brighter, and, most importantly, there are working TV's at every seat. Delta offers seat-back TVs on a handful of jets; however, and I say this from a lot of experience, they very rarely function.

Burbank is a small, friendly, civilized airport, and even though it's farther away than LAX, I more than make up for the drive time when I can quickly navigate through the tiny terminal.

And while having to wake up at 4:30 AM to make a 7:00 flight may sound like a God awful inconvenience, that's really the best way to do it. There's no traffic at 5 AM, and shorter lines to heed. Plus, the later the flight, the greater chance for delay. This proved true on Tuesday, when the FAA had a small midday meltdown and grounded hundreds of flights across the country. I had already been in the air a few hours by that point and, thankfully, wasn't affected.

But what I really like about the early flight is that, so long as I don't sleep on the plane, it automatically acclimates me to Eastern Standard Time.

Usually.

I've been a mental mess since waking up Wednesday morning, and despite the fact that I'm now back in my normal time zone, I can't help but still feel more than a little bit off.

Sleep patterns aside, the trip was fantastic. The event was one of the best I've ever done - not because of me, this time, but because of the partners who hosted it at our spa. I saw a lot of friends, but, more importantly, had quality time, which, sometimes, in New York, gets compromised.

I didn't have much time to spend outside the hotel, but the weather was gorgeous - in the 70's, crystal clear, zero humidity. In my one venture across the street, I ran into David Schwimmer, and he looked good, amazing in fact. Wearing a worn-in, frat-boy baseball cap and muscle tee that showed serious guns, I did a double-take. I'll never forget how douchey he seemed when I met him four years ago, but after being blessed with the vision of those biceps, I've easily, already forgiven.

Labels: , , ,



4 Comments:

At 4:15 AM, Blogger Keith said...

Virgin America kicks JetBlue's ass. I'm on the 7am to JFK this morning, and I'm actually excited about the flight simply because I get to fly my favorite airline.

 
At 5:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good trip!
I always heard about what a jerk David Schwimmer is in real life- but man, so hot.

 
At 7:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I fly back east I always take a daytime flight when available. 12 hours is a long flight and the day usually wasted completely on travel. It would be much nicer if all I had to do would be to fly from California.

 
At 7:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, I wish I lived a jet-set life like you... *sigh*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home