Sunday, March 05, 2006

Live from my couch, where I've been for the last five and a half hours

Okay, so I saw Crash back when it came out, and while it was a great picture, I don't think it was worthy of the "best" title. I wish Brokeback had won, not necessarily to make a political statement, but to compensate for the losses of the Best Actor and Best Supporting awards. I didn't see Capote, but I was hoping that if Heath had to lose, it would have been to Yummy (though increasingly bloated) Joaquin Phoenix. Speaking of Heath, what was Michelle wearing? I'm not at all mad about saffron.

Other notes:
- Judging by her hair and makeup, Dolly Parton takes association withTransAmerica way too literally
- Typically-chic Felicity Huffman is at least a decade too old to be wearing Zac Posen; just ask her sternum
- Sandra Bullock preggers or just chub? Publicity-driven faux date Keanu obviously meant as a distraction
- Large green goiter steals spotlight from Charlize
- I quit Team Aniston midpoint through her presentation

I'm looking forward to reading recap coverage tomorrow (work? what?), especially to see how the public viewed Jon Stewart's performance. I'm not a big fan of the Daily Show and wasn't sure what to expect from him, but I actually quite enjoyed him as host. I'm interested to find out if that's because I fit his target audience (liberal, Jewish) or because he was genuinely funny.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home