Wednesday, January 04, 2006

War of the Roses

If the Rose Bowl is considered "The Granddaddy of them all", then I feel like Grandpa has overextended his visit this year and I'm ready to get back to my own life.

I work in Pasadena. Today is/was the Rose Bowl Tournament. Monday was the Rose Bowl Parade. Tuesday was the newly-minted Pasadena Food and Art Fair, some marketing ploy devised to keep people in Pasadena during the unusual stretch of time between the parade and the football game. Call me a spoiled brat, but this long-winded patriarch has me on the verge of dementia, fed up with the parking and traffic congestion, pedestrian tourists, and overzealous football fans that let out whooping Howard Deanisms whenever the mood strikes.


It's just like being back in New York.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home