Monday, June 08, 2009

17 Again

Before I went to Nicole's 1992 Prom Party this weekend, I dug up this old photo to justify the fact that polka dots were a legitimate trend in 1992.


But now, I guess I don't have to.


The party, as you would expect, was amazing. So amazing, in fact, that I lost my camera, most likely in the cab on the way home. So I have started a small Flickr set here, drawing on what has already been shared with me. I'll try to add others, as they come.

In the meantime, can anyone suggest models for a relatively inexpensive but takes-really-good-photos digital camera? I'd had the other one for almost four years, and in 10 years of owning a cell phone, I've never lost a single one, which should prove to you that I'm not usually this irresponsible. Just, apparently, regressing.

But hey - I suppose a camera isn't the worst thing people have lost on prom night.

Labels: ,



5 Comments:

At 11:48 PM, Blogger Go Nicole Yourself said...

Cute pic! Lots of people told me how good they thought you looked. I'm just sayin'.

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger Mel said...

I thought you guys were really going to wear dresses from 1992!

Still cute dresses. :)

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Lori said...

Mel - a LOT of people did! A lot more than I had expected! If I had the photos I would post them. Maybe Nicole will - they were hilarious.

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger AmyB said...

Hahaaaa...love the "lost on prom night" comment. It wasn't lost on me!

You gals look gorgeous. And has Nicole lost many pounds? Beautiful!!

Glad you had a great time! As for cameras, the only place I can direct you to (that I REALLY trust) is

www.kenrockwell.com

He makes recommendations as a professional photog, and I bought my DSLR based on his recs. Haven't regretted it for a minute. Good luck finding your new camera!

 
At 11:38 AM, Anonymous Cinthia said...

LOL. Someone beat me to the punch. I was going to recommend Ken Rockwell's website, as well. I got the camera he was recommending sometime last year (in the point-and-shoot, not-so-expensive category) and I've been happy with it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home