Tuesday, April 17, 2007

For the people

Okay, so I think I am officially suffering from blogger's block.

I've written before that when things are good and I am happy, my creative writing seems to suffer. I couldn't tell you what on earth I am so happy about, but in general, life is pretty good. I find myself driving to work in the morning grinning between sips of my coffee, and driving home from the gym at night with so much energy, it sometimes feels like my head is going to explode. There's no real reason for this, other than that some sort of cosmic energy seems to be on my side, and even though I don't know what it is building towards, I feel it so tangibly in a way I haven't felt anything since I moved to Los Angeles two years ago.

I also find myself searching for blog topics from the most inane situations - Starbucks interactions, wardrobe selections, my dinner menu. (Would you care that I cooked a chicken breast for the third time in my life, or that I used my stove for the first time ever on Sunday? I didn't think so.) Tonight I dug through old journals, old photos, old love letters, looking for anything that would spark some interest in a topic for tonight. I had some good laughs, but found nothing blog-worthy.

So, rather than me be stressed out by all of this (it's bad for my complexion!) I am turning the tables. You ask me a question in the comments section. I will answer in a new post.

Too shy to comment? Be the first to send me this book, and I will send you a "I read Lori MacBlogger and all I got was this lousy t-shirt" T-shirt. Or would you rather a pair of boxers that read "I partied my pants off at Lori's Sweet 14"? You decide.

This is all about democracy.



4 Comments:

At 8:40 AM, Blogger AmyB said...

I think it's GREAT you feel happy lately, and that you can't really find anything to vent about (hence feeling like you don't have anything to write here). I'm definitely not coming to your site to be entertained, it just so happens you always succeed in doing that no matter what! We are all similar, we all hope for more in our lives, all seek to gain some insight from someone else instead of having to figure things out for ourselves. That's why I love blogging so much! Yet, I also love that - like you today - when things in my life are going well, there will always be people out there to cheer with me, to add to my collective sigh.

So...*SIGH!*

Good for you, Lori! Enjoy it. And be careful with that chicken; you can end up undercook that shit and then you really WILL have a reason to complain... ;o)

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger The Flying Enchilada said...

LOL, love the book.

 
At 4:58 PM, Blogger Lori said...

Thanks, AmyD! It's just that sometimes I feel like I have to apologize for being happy. I am a crotchety old northeasterner after all - bitter sarcasm runs through my veins! Also, I am always cautious of admitting my happiness - because I am afraid it might go away. And that's the cynic in me that I am comfortable with!

 
At 7:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, I find it enticing to hear you've found the kitchen, can you tell me more about what's in the oven and your chicken breasts.

LOL!, Sorry too tempting, had to do it! And if your upset about my comment you can pick on me for eating weiners and pickels for dinner.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home