Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Big Brother Bliss

I just called to scheduled an appointment at the (relatively) new Bliss Spa here in LA. After I gave the woman my name, she read aloud the phone number that must have popped up on the screen. It started with 212, and had a familiar ring to it (no pun intended). I asked her to repeat it, and recognized it instantly: it was my old home phone number in New York. From five years and two apartments ago.

Now, I have never been to a Bliss Spa, ever. EVER. I have never ordered from one of their catalogues, never even bought one of their products at Sephora. And I can't think of how on earth they got my phone number five years ago, or why I would have given it out to a retailer in the first place. I'm pretty conservative when it comes to sharing my number with guys, let alone potential marketers.

Not a big deal, but kind of creepy nonetheless.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home