Friday, June 23, 2006

More thoughts from New York

I can't believe I haven't found a second to write. I am much busier than I thought I'd be, work wise and socially. With the exception of my first night here, I've gone out every night. Fun catching up with old friends but exhausting, and even I'm getting tired of drinking. What I'm not getting tired of are all the M-E-N that are seemingly everywhere!!! Why did I not notice them in the seven years that I lived here? Oh, I know. Maybe because I always had my head down to the ground or my nose up in the air and couldn't see past the homeless people staggering out of my way. Now that I am all smiles and California sunshine, however, I am all over this eye candy and want to take a few home with me in my suitcase.

The weather is 8000 degrees and humid. I like it at night when I can go out without a jacket, but is otherwise unbearable. And of course my hotel room is set at below freezing, so I've been placing magazines and phone books on the air conditioner to somewhat maintain a decent body temperature. The atmosphere has been heavy and damp with the constant threat of rain, but that has somewhat held off and I'm sure will continue to do so until the minute we are set to open our booth at Pridefest tomorrow at which we are scheduled to be outdoors for 8 hours straight. I brought a small umbrella that should keep me dry for oh, about four minutes.

Did I mention why I am here? We are opening a spa. At least we are supposed to, although you wouldn't know it from the empty space across the street. And by empty, I mean, unfinished and boarded up. I'm anything but relaxed. Although I do have to note that I am thankfully a completely different person than the stressed-out, high-strung, uber-beyotch I was a year and a half ago when I lived here, so with that alone I feel ahead of the game.

Labels:



1 Comments:

At 1:08 PM, Blogger The Flying Enchilada said...

it's nice to see someone not originally from LA, love it here. It irks me when people who move here go on and on about how much they hate LA. Thanks for appreciating this town for all it's glamour and grittiness.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home