Saturday, March 11, 2006

Lori, 1; Wisdom teeth, 0

Exactly 24 hours after undergoing surgery, I'm up and about - drinking coffee, blogging, planning my day. For all my years of procrastinating, the procedure was embarrassingly easy. I walked in at 9:00, went under at 9:15, and walked out the door at 9:45. Sure, I don't remember the ride home, or much in between the times of 9:15 and say, noon, but my mom said that the doctor said it was an easy surgery with minimal bleeding, and no need for stitches. Sorry, was that too much information?

The anesthesia made me incredibly tired, so I slept for most of the day yesterday, only waking up to take my antibiotics and vicodin. Today, my jaw is a bit sore but I think I'm okay enough to downgrade to Aleve. And aside from the free meds, I've discovered two additional benefits of getting my teeth out:

1.) Sore mouth=liquid diet=pounds lost!

2.) 20 hours of continuous sleep=disappearance of undereye bags!

Had someone told me this surgery had not only health, but cosmetic benefits, I might have scheduled it long ago.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home